K-@ Mail V1.30 has just been released.
This release is focusing on performance, stability and reliability but also includes numerous features users have asked for:
- The new integrated file explorer allows attaching multiple files at a time
- Multi-window support for certain Samsung devices (Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 10.1 ...)
- Notification with preview of messages & reply button for Android>=4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Split-screen views can now be enabled/disabled for all devices and support now horizontal and vertical split
- Calendar attachments (Outlook invitations) can now be opened
- Configurable colors for the top and bottom action bar
- The recipient of a mail is hidden in the message lists to free up screen real estate (exception: Sent folder)
- The star button can be hidden from the message list
- Long subjects are wrapped onto multiple lines in the message view
- Improved printing support. The share function allows now to either share as text or as HTML. Some printing apps work better with one or the other option (CloudPrint with text, PrintHand with HTML)
- The combined inbox and important messages are now supported by the unread widget
- The account navigation (account drop down) shows the number of unread and total messages
- Message list shows sender first then subject
- The preview for attachments in the attachment spinner shows now an app icon for known types or thumbnails where possible
- Inlined attachments aren't shown in the attachment spinner any longer (e.g. embedded images)
- Images can be zoomed out completely now
- Complete Italian translation (thanks to Salvatore Savastano)
- Change log is shown once when app starts
- Countless small improvements and bug fixes
This release is an important one not because it brings many new functions but because it brings speed and reliability and lays the foundation for all that is to come.
Much of K-@ Mail's underlying structure has been rebuilt and is now ready for the features we plan to implement in the next few month. Please stay tuned.